Micro Punch grafting surgery for vitiligo in Rajkot
Face the world with
MICRO PUNCH GRAFTING
at Vivid Skin Care
Vitligo patient must fulfill below mentioned criteria before undergoing vitiligo surgery.
- Vitiligo must be stable for atleast 1 year i.e. no increase or decrease in size of white patches or no new patches within last 1 year. (MANDATORY)
- In case of doubt or in case of a particular patches being stable for about 6 months and in case of urgent requirements, a test grafting procedure to look for the stability of the disease process in 3 months.
- No improvement with medical treatment.
Punch grafting is the simplest and the least expensive of all the grafting procedures in vitiligo.
The procedure involves the transfer of circular pieces or punches of skin tissue from the donor area into similar shaped pits that are made on the recipient skin.
In this technique, small punches are harvested from normally pigmented skin usually thighs or from skin behind ears and are transplanted into the white patches over recipient area.
This method relies heavily on the transplanted graft to stimulate pigment production in the surrounding depigmented skin.
The types of punch grafting depends on the size of punch used for surgery.
- Punch grafting: 2-2.5 mm punch (Oldest)
- Miniature punch grafting: 1-1.5 mm punch
- Micro punch grafting: 0.5-1 mm punch (Latest)
Lesser the size of punch, lesser chances of complications (commonly cobblestoning) & better the result of surgery.
So Micro punch grafting is best among all three.
It requires expertise and special equipments to properly see grafts of less than 1 mm, hence should always be done by certified Dermatologist.
Donor (site from where skin is taken) to recipient (white patches) ratio of various surgical techniques are:
|Suction blister epidermal graft||1:1|
|Split thickness skin graft||1:1 to 1.5:1|
Micro punch grafting has following benefits:
- Minimal Scarring at Donor Area
- Minimal Scarring at Recipient Area
- Relatively Painless
- Day Care Surgery
- Cobble stoning is less with Micro punch grafting.
- Movements of operated area can be done after 7 days.
- Suitable for smaller white patches.
- Less expensive than Melanocyte Transplant.
Approx. 1-10 hrs. depending on size of white patches.
No admission. Same Day Discharge
Repigmentation starts after 4 weeks and usually completes by 4-10 months depending upon the size and area of vitiligo patches.
Micro punch grafting is less time consuming and less expensive for smaller patches as compared to other tecniques.
Our approach towards managing a patient of vitiligo is meticulous, evidence-based and in accordance with international guidelines.
The therapies, reagents and protocols used by us are of international standards.
Micro Punch Grafting is a specialized procedure which requires unique set of skills and expertise as it has to be done under vision of loupes.
At VIVID, we attempt to deliver consistently good results with standardized techniques.
VIVID Skin Care & Cosmetology Centre is among very few centres to offer all types of Vitiligo Surgery in Rajkot esp. Micro Punch Grafting.
Excellent results given by dr pratik Sheth sir thank you so much sir