Melanocyte Transplant Surgery for Vitiligo in Rajkot
Face the world with
at Vivid Skin Care
Vitligo patient must fulfill below mentioned criteria before undergoing vitiligo surgery.
- Vitiligo must be stable for atleast 1 year i.e. no increase or decrease in size of white patches or no new patches within last 1 year. (MANDATORY)
- No improvement with medical treatment.
- Patient willing for faster result.
Melanocyte Transplantation also known as Non-cultured Melanocyte-Keratinocyte Transplantation Procedure (MKTP), Non-Cultured Epidermal Cell Suspension Transfer’ or ‘Non-Cultured Cellular Grafting’ is the latest technique in the surgical management of Vitiligo/Leucoderma.
It involves separating melanocytes (cells responsible for color production) from normal skin and transplanting on white spots as a cell suspension after removal of upper layer of skin superficially.
- A thin, small piece of normally pigmented skin is obtained, usually from patient’s buttock/thigh.
- Through a highly specialised procedure, normal functioning melanocytes are separated from this piece of skin and made into a liquid suspension.
- This suspension is applied on to the white patches.
- Melanocytes, then start to proliferate and produce melanin and within a period of weeks to months, natural looking pigment covers the patches, making them indiscernible from the surrounding skin.
Melanocyte Transplant has maximum benefits as compared to other methods.
- No or minimal Scarring at Donor Area
- No or minimal Scarring at Recipient Area
- Relatively Painless
- Day Care Surgery
- Excellent Color Match with surrounding skin.
- No cobble stoning
- Can be done for white patches in any part of body.
- Skin texture as good as original skin
- Movement of operated area can be done after 48 hours.
- Suitable for large white patches.
Approx. 4-10 hrs. depending on size of white patches.
No admission. Same Day Discharge
Repigmentation starts after 3-4 weeks and usually completes by 4-10 months depending upon the size and area of vitiligo patches.
Other surgical procedures for vitiligo are Punch Grafting, Split-Thickness Skin Grafting and Suction Blister Epidermal Grafting.
Compared to these methods, Melanocyte Transplantation has the distinct advantages of requiring a small piece of donor skin (about 1/4th to 1/10th the size of recipient patches) and resulting in better colour match than other methods by providing pigmentation similar to that of surrounding skin.
Melanocyte Transplantation is a specialised procedure requiring expertise, sophisticated techniques and devices.
The procedure is done under local anaesthesia where the skin operated upon is temporarily rendered sensation-less and no/minimal pain is felt during the procedure itself.
No. Repigmentation starts after 3 weeks and completes by 4-10 months depending on site and area of vitiligo.
Our approach towards managing a patient of vitiligo is meticulous, evidence-based and in accordance with international guidelines.
The therapies, reagents and protocols used by us are of international standards.
Melanocyte transplantation is a highly specialized procedure which requires unique set of skills and expertise.
At VIVID, we attempt to deliver consistently good results with standardized techniques.
VIVID Skin Care & Cosmetology Centre is among very few centres to offer all types of Vitiligo Surgery in Rajkot esp. Melanocyte Transplant.
Excellent results given by dr pratik Sheth sir thank you so much sir