Ingrown toe nail surgery in rajkot
'Why Suffer Pain?'
Ingrown toe nail surgery
at Vivid Skin Care
Ingrown toe nail is a condition where the side margin of nails starts to grow inside the skin rather than growing straight. Thus, the nail eventually damages the skin, thereby causing ulcer and recurrent infections.
The fundamental cause of ingrown toenails is an imbalance in the size of the nail and the growth of the nail skin edge.
This imbalance can occur because of various reasons such as:
- Wearing tight shoes. Especially shoes that are tight around the big toe.
- Injury to the toe or toenail
- Improper trimming of the toenail
- Cutting your toenails too short or curving them too much while cutting
- Injury caused by overly aggressive pedicures
- Nail picking
- Inherited causes
Higher risk of getting ingrown toenails is seen in following people:
- Adolescents and young adults
- People who have excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis of the feet
- People with foot or toe deformities, such as bunions
- People with severe nerve damage of the leg or foot
- People suffering from diabetes
- People with improper gait
- People who have pincer nails or nails that naturally curl inward, etc.
- Redness, swelling, and pain in the affected toe.
- You might also notice clear fluid coming out of the affected area.
- Yellow pus is also seen in cases where an infection has occurred because of microbes.
- Limping is seen in most people as they avoid putting pressure on that particular toe to prevent pain.
If not treated at the right time,
- It can also lead to skin infection or cellulitis. The infection can even spread to the bones in severe cases.
- Long-standing ingrown toenails can lead to the formation of granulation tissue. Granulation tissue is a highly vascular structure that bleeds at the slightest touch.
Your Dermatologist will look for skin overgrowing the nail, redness, swelling, or discharge and then make the diagnosis.
In most cases, no tests are required for the diagnosis. However, if you suffer from a severe infection, your doctor might collect the pus for microbial cultures.
There are two types of surgery for ingrown toe nails.
- Partial toe nail avulsion with chemical cauterisation (Recommended)
- Complete toe nail avulsion
- During partial toe nail avulsion, some part of your toenail will be removed depending on the extent of its growth into the skin.
- A specific chemical in appropriate concentration will be applied on sides of nails, ensuring that only the center part of the nail grows in a normal manner.
- This is a minor procedure done under local anesthesia.
Dr. Pratik Sheth mentions some basic precautions that one needs to follow after going through nail surgery. These includes the following:
- 1. Your dermatologist will put a dressing on the treated area that needs to be taken care of.
- 2. Don’t apply water on the surgery-performed area. Not even opening it.
- 3. The intake of antibiotics and painkiller should be continued till the time your doctor asks you to stop it.
- 4. Give complete rest to the skin. So healing will be fast with no infection.
- 5. In case of any emergency, contact your dermatologist.
Ingrown toenail surgery cost in Rajkot depends on a lot of factors, such as:1. The clinic or hospital chosen
2. Skill and expertise of the surgeon performing the surgery
3. The extent of the problems caused by the ingrown toenail
4. The type of procedure that is done for you.
Keeping all these in mind, an ingrown toenail surgery cost in Rajkot for a single nail can range anywhere between INR 5,000 to INR 10,000.
We aim to provide the best ingrown toenail surgery in Rajkot at Vivid Skin Care & Cosmetology Centre at the most affordable cost with best results.
Excellent results given by dr pratik Sheth sir thank you so much sir